In the fall of 2016, roughly 200 history, heritage, library, and humanities constituents across Connecticut came together at 7 regional forums hosted by the CTPlaces Coalition in Fairfield, Windham, Hamden, Waterbury, Groton, Hartford, and Litchfield. These people were interested citizens, professionals, executive directors, lawmakers, and lobbyists, who took advantage of an opportunity to:
- Learn about the mission and value of the CTPlaces Coalition
- Preview the upcoming legislative session and state budget challenges
- Learn how to effectively interact with state legislators using our advocacy toolkit
- Promote “Invite Your Legislator Days” for January 2017
- Discuss the upcoming Advocacy Day at the Capitol for March 2017
The 2016 advocacy forums have concluded, but we look forward to working with you in the months ahead as effective advocates on behalf of the critical issues we care about.